Discover IFO through our videos
Breeding at IFO
Breeding and evaluation of new varieties of apples, pears and rootstocks
IFO was created in 2004 on the basis of the experiences gained during several decades of experimentation by the historical nurseries of the DALIVAL group.
Today, IFO makes dozens of crosses each year, i.e. about 20,000 pips sown. In addition, IFO is a partner in many variety breeding programs around the world, thus expanding the range of objectives targeted with the crosses and thus expanding its variety offer to meet the demands of marketers.
In addition to evaluating its varieties and varieties of its partners, IFO also offers all breeders the opportunity to evaluate their varieties and their development at different scales via its dedicated structure.
15 to 20 years
External breeder (independant breeders and research programmes)
4 treesInitial evaluation of the potential of the variety (agronomic, visual and eating criteria)
10 to 20 trees.Increase knowledge of varieties and show them to potential marketer
Commercial development of a new variety
Partners for breeding
Variety development at IFO
A wide range of services
IFO proposes a wide range of services for all, from variety owners to fruit marketers, including:
- Access to the IFO's international network to promote the varieties and propagate the plant material.
- Expertise and support on business models for commercial development
- Plant material management (virus testing, distribution worldwide through quarantine…)
- Intellectual property management worlwide (PVR, patents, brands…)
- Licenses management, from plant material propagation to fruit commercialization